I have a couple of degrees and entered corporate America 20 years ago totally unprepared. As a result, I made every mistake possible and learned to thrive not only in corporate America but in life. I started my career as an engineer, full of myself and idolizing my intellect. People skills were horrible. It was only when I began working on my leadership skills and honestly getting over myself that I began to be comfortable in my own skin at work.
This is my personal blog where I share from my past and present life experiences. I blog about Leadership, social media, productivity, and anything else I believe helps people lead a better life. It’s my desire to see people “re-engineer” their thoughts towards leadership.
Top 10 Posts:
- Do you have a Servant’s Heart or a Slave’s Mentality?
- Absolute Values of Leadership
- Leadership Big Bang Theory
- Everyone Needs a Scarlett Moment
- How to Plan Using Backwards Goal Setting
- Insecurity Gone Wild
- 5 Mistakes Women Make when Leading Men
- Feminine Leadership Part 2
- Feminine Leadership Part 1
- After the Choice is Made
I love teaching. I believe teaching is a natural tendency for anyone who loves to learn. I read constantly. I love to learn new things and figure out the interconnectedness of all things; then share with anyone who will listen. I’ve taught workshops and been a guest speaker for the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), Society of Women Engineers (SWE) and local colleges/universities.
I have 20+ years of engineering/program management experience. I was most recently Program Management Office Leader at Ingersoll Rand, Material Handling Business Unit. Previously I was a Program Manager for B/E Aerospace, Advanced Lavatories & Cabin Interiors division and was one of a four Sr. Project Managers in the Customer Service – Airports Division of Alaska Airlines. I have worked as a test engineer and process engineer for 3M and Motorola respectively. I maintain the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
I am a Michigan State University alum – GO GREEN! I’ve earned my Bachelor and Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from there. I also started the PhD, but dropped out eventually. While in grad school, I worked with my younger brother in church and lead a campus bible study.
Workshop/Guest Speaking Titles Include:
- DaVinci Principles for an Effective Life
- Is it because I’m Black or because I’m a Woman?
- 7 Irrefutable Laws of Feminine Leadership
- Leadership skills for Project Managers
10 Random Facts about me:
- Hate chocolate
- Huge Sci-Fi fan – favorite movie Empire Strikes Back
- Love Wine Tasting and Drinking
- Leonardo Da Vinci is my favorite historical person
- I own a Leonardo Da Vinci pop up workshop – yes I play with it
- Play the saxophone
- Love to read – I read to learn, so I don’t read lot’s of fiction.
- Favorite Authors: Charles Dickens, Isaac Asimov, Malcolm Gladwell and John Maxwell
- Love toying with physics – the theory of everything, string theory
- Enjoy Classic Hollywood Movies (I adore Cary Grant)
You may contact me here.
My blog is a WordPress (self-hosted) blog. I use the Standard Theme and my design was done by Dustin Stout. Most photos used in my individual blog posts are from iStockphoto or Adobe Stock. My site is hosted by Wiser Sites.
This is my personal blog. The opinions that I express here do not necessarily represent those of my employer. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.